The question I get asked most often is,
‘why should I use Truck Advertising in my marketing strategy now, when I didn’t before?’
Questions like this one have been asked to me many times from several different people over the past few years, most of them working for tech savvy digital brands.
I maybe stating the obvious, but today we live in a data hungry, digital society and Covid-19 has only accelerated this over the last 12 months.
I think the answer is simple.
The Truck Advertising Industry had no concrete audience figures before. Until now all these online advertising companies had something we didn’t, and that was reliable audience figures so their clients know how many people have seen their online & digital adverts.
This, and the Truck Advertising Industry relies on it’s Hauliers who weren’t ready until now.
There are many more which I won’t state here, but if you’d like to hear the facts, I’ve put together a complex ‘buyers guide’ list on what to look out for, here: http://www.truckadz.co.uk/truck-advertising-buyers-guide
We are programmed to read and engage. You might not think you are reading the rear of that van or truck you are parked behind, but you are.
Unlike online ads, Truck Advertising cannot be skipped or deleted.
Truck Advertising Quick Facts:
- Legally, when driving you can’t use tech.
- When driving you will always be vigilant.
- Passengers have an increased awareness of what’s around them and will linger more than the driver.
- All trucks drive at a maximum of 56MPH
- All drivers of 3.5t or lower vehicles drive at 60MPH so when on the motorway it’s only a matter of time until they are overtaken.
- Trucks have 3 sides, meaning 3 opportunities to see the advert.
- UK roads are 22% busier than 10 years ago – Source DFT
- 68% of Brits have planned a UK Holiday in 2021 / 2022.
- 72% of Brits have said they are desperate to see family and friends after 18 months in lockdown.
With the above in mind, it’s clear why big brands like Cinch are taking the leap and investing millions into the previously untapped space.
Having an audience measurement platform with a vigorously tried and tested engine under the bonnet is key. Being able to track adverts in real time with advances in geolocation is offering our customers deeper insights that todays, digital savvy Marketing Teams can use.
With this, the market now has full accountability.
The future is very bright for Truck Advertising in a post Covid-19 world where the UK Holiday industry is at an all time high and road starved motorists are back!
This is the best investment Cinch could make to their marketing strategy. They’re advertising on the roads directly to the customer. Well done to all involved… and the icing on the cake should be “Adz Tracker” a tool for their team to gain the insights and reports to drive this even further.
Written by, Danny Shiers – Managing Director